Call for papers / abstracts
1. Paper Submission Requirements 2. Awards and Publications 3. Presentation Styles 4. Symposium Topics
1. Paper / Abstract Submission Requirements
1.1 General requirements:
1.2 Full paper submission:
1.3 Abstract submission:
- Each registered author is allowed to submit one paper only.
- Full paper should be submitted in the given format “ Form 04-Paper Format Template”(Click here to download) together with “Form 04a-Contributors Publishing Agreement”(Click here to download).
- All papers will be reviewed and assessed by the International Scientific Committee of the symposium proceedings before the conditional paper acceptance letters have been issued. Upon receiving formal registration with registration fee paid, the papers will be sent out for peer review.
- Final acceptance for publication in the proceeding is subject to satisfactory revision according to the review comments.
- All accepted papers will be included in conference proceedings for applying in inclusive in CPCI/Scopus/Ei-Compendex
- The symposium International Scientific Committee will select high quality papers and recommend to be published in Journal of Fiber Bioengineering and Informatics, www.jfbitbis.org
- Authors who only want to give a presentation (oral or poster) without submitting full papers must submit abstract online.
- Each registered Author is allowed to submit one abstract only.
- Abstract should be submitted in a given format (Form 04b-Abstract submission form)(Click here to download).
- Upon receiving the acceptance letter after peer review, authors must complete registration with the full payment before the registration deadline in order to be included in the program.
- The abstract will NOT be included in the conference proceedings.
* All forms can be downloaded under "Forms" via below link:
2. Awards and publications (CPCI/ISTP, Scopus/ Ei-Compendex)
All accepted papers will be collected in conference proceedings. Same as all the past TBIS symposium proceedings,
conference proceedings will also apply for CPCI (ISTP), Scopus/Ei-compendex indexing as well.
- High quality research papers will be selected for publication in Journal of Fiber Bioengineering and Informatics (JFBI) and/or other international journals.
- A panel of senior researchers will be formed to rate the research papers and select outstanding research papers for the award with certificates.
- Oral and Poster ceritficate will be presented to the author by the session chair on the spot.
- Outstanding posters will be voted by the participants.
3. Presentation Styles
- Each author allocated 10 minutes for presentation. (Please refer to timetable.)
- Each author only allowed to present his/her own paper.
- PPT for the presentation needs to be hand in to conference staff for uploading 1 hour before the session starts.
- Size of the Poster: A0, 84cm*118.8cm (width, height)
- Please hand in your Poster on the registration day.
4. Symposium Topics
Textile Based Devices, Footwear, Appeals and Accessories
- Advanced functions of home textiles and applications
- High function and high performance of industrial textiles
- Functional textiles (fibers, yarns and fabrics)
- High performance sportswear, outdoor sportswear and devices
Textile and Apparel CAD Technologies
- Computer-aided technologies and informatics in textile industry
Textile Informatics and Supply Chain Management
- Information technology and research development
- Informatics engineering and technology in textile
- Apparel color system
- Marketing, branding and supply chain management in textile industry
- Technology and information management systems in textile industry
- Novel resources for natural fibers
- Novel resources for renewable fibers
- Novel resources for synthetic fibers
- High performance fibers and applications
- Advanced functional fibers and applications
- Biomaterials, nano materials and smart materials
- Bioengineering and biotechnology in textile industry
- New development on chemical fiber spinning
- Genetic engineering and applications in textile industry
- Supercritical technologies and applications in textile industry
- Superfine fibers technologies
- Nanotechnologies and applications in textile industry
- Smart rehabilitation textiles and apparel
- Biomedical engineering and biomedical textiles
Manufacturing and Processing Technologies
- New development and applications in spinning technologies
- New development and applications in weaving technologies
- New development and applications in knitting technologies
- New development and applications in non-woven technologies
- New development and applications in textile manufacturing technologies
- New development and applications in finishing and coloration technologies
- New development and applications in clothing manufacturing technologies
- Industry design technology, method and applications
- Smart clothing design and applications
- Clothing functional design
- Fashion design
- Fashion image and applications
- Fashion communication design and management
- Accessories design of textiles and clothing
Evaluation and Test Methods, Testing Standards and Instruments
- Protective clothing and evaluation
- Novel technologies for evaluating functional peripheries of textile materials
- Novel technologies and standards for certificating of textiles and apparel products
Theoretical Modeling and Computational Simulation
Clothing and Textile Devices for Personal Protection, Sports Performance and Healthcare
Clothing Physiology, Comfort, Hygiene, Health and Ergonomics
Thermal Bioengineering, Biomechanical Engineering and Sensory Bioengineering
- Clothing physiology, hygiene and ergonomics
- Intimate apparel ergonomics and applications
Personal Protection and Health
Human Body Metrics and Anthropology
Textile Ecology, Carbon footprint, certification, Sustainability and Technology Roadmap
- Sustainability and technology roadmap
- Green textiles and low-carbon technologies
- Textile sustainable technologies and certifications
- Textile carbon footprint and ecological footprint management system
Textile Education and E-Learning
Wearable Technology, Wearable Devices, Fashion Electronics
Personal Protective Equipment
- Fire protection
- Mechanical hazard protection
- Cold protection
- CBRN defense (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear Defense)
- SCBA, Helmet, Footwear, Glove and other assembly
- Soft armor, hard armor
- PPE for transmitted diseases
Evaluation and testing methods, standards and Instrument
- Thermal protective performance
- Ballistic performance
- Thermal comfort
- Fabric and clothing flammability
- Testing standards on personal protective equipment
- Instrumented manikins
- Sensor technologies
Mathematical modeling and analysis
- Moedling of heat and moisture transfer in protective clothing
- Fire, cold, mechanical, CBRN hazard simulation
- Thermal comfort and heat stress prediction
- Thermoregulation model
- Skin model and burn evalution model
- Skin-simulant sensor model
Materials, engineering and technologies
Design and product innovations
- Thermal protective performance of textile fabrics and clothing, heat transfer mechanisms in intense heat exposures
- Fabric and clothing flammability, materials response and testing methodologies
- Comfort properties of textile clothing and materials, heat and moisture transfer in textile structures
- Objective measurement of fabric hand
- Industrial analysis of thermal and mechanical properties of textile fabrics
- Textile measurement technologies, instrumented manikins
- Assessment of human sensory and physiological response to clothing comfort